Tuesday, 30 September 2008
Monday, 29 September 2008
I would like nothing more than to be at home snuggling with the Boyf....
I am not really in a writing mood today ..... I think i am going to crawl under my desk now and sleep a little.
Friday, 26 September 2008
– Quote from the film "Second Hand Lions"
Thursday, 25 September 2008
I would like to thank... Mrs D for giving it to me, The Boyf for telling me to start a blog and all the people that actually read my blog ;)
To keep spreading the love around, here are the rules i have to follow:
1. Link back to the giver. - Thanks again, Mrs D
2. Nominate up to 7 other fabulous blogs and link to them (also let them know they got an award). - Hmmm, its hard to choose because i truly like to read so many blogs and some of the blogs i like have already gotten this award...but i must choose , So here are the 4 people i want to pass the award onto:
The endurance artist began dangling from a wire over a park skating rink on Monday..... He celebrated completion of the wire act on Wednesday night by diving from a platform 13.41m to the ground while attached to a harness.
A two-hour ABC television special called "David Blaine: Dive of Death" also showed footage of him catching a .22-calibre rifle bullet in a metal cup in his mouth."
Wednesday, 24 September 2008
Tuesday, 23 September 2008
My mom says she is not dating Bob the Brit, but I can see Bob the Brit wants to date her (grrrr). This fact alone makes him annoying.
I think Bob the Brit needs to earn the right to be liked by me. At the moment he is no where close to winning me over. True, his only crimes are: trying to date my mother and being overly nice to me and my sister - but thats enough, dont you think?
Recent conversation with Mom & Bob the Brit -
Mom (to Bob): BB, wants us to get her a bracelet when we go there
Bob: Well, thats depends how nice BB is to me *chuckles*
Me: I guess i wont be getting a bracelet then
Bob: Just for that we will just get you a cheap junk bracelet *chuckles*
Me: * rolls eyes *
Bob: Just joking, Darling , we will get you one
Me: Mom, all of a sudden i really dont want anything
Mom: BB, you are terrible *laughs*
Me: Sorry mom, but so is your taste *grins*
Maybe i am just being a childish cow,
maybe i am just being territorial for my fathers sake or
maybe i just dont think Bob The Brit is worthy of my mom
Monday, 22 September 2008
Friday, 19 September 2008
The coffee is so delicious and would be perfect if it wasnt for the rather strong guilt after taste....grrrrrrr....
Last night The Boyf was out, So i found myself curled up on the couch watching "13 going on 30". I adore this film and Jennifer Garner is so adorable in it (how can anyone not like her?).
Only problem I have with the film is that i now have Michael Jackson's "Thriller" song trapped in my head. Every now and then i have to fight the urge not to break out into the "Thriller" dance. heehee....I forgot just how much Michael Jackson songs rocked (such a pity he is freak now).
"cause this is thriller, thriller night......lal la la la*"
Have a fabulous weekend, wonderful blog readers...catch you on Monday :)
Thursday, 18 September 2008
I really want to travel ALOT more. There is so much of the world I still want to see.
At the moment i really want to travel to Paris and New York (Ive been to NY but it was only for 2 days). Also, I really would like to go back to the Greek island of Skopelos (pictured above) I just fell inlove with it while i was there on holiday and i would like to take The Boyf to see it.
* Note: If you decide to put your own "dream list" on your blog. Just let me know so I can go look at it.
Wednesday, 17 September 2008
I am going to only drink caffeine-free drinks, water and herbal tea -Obviously I will also still be drinking alcohol - how else will i be able to cope with the caffeine withdrawals??? *grins*
A few reasons to quit caffeine:
2. Health Reasons: Many people experience headaches and increased level of stress resulted from caffeine consumption.
3. Aging: Caffeine is a known culprit in speeding the aging process. There are many studies which show that caffeine consumption can speed up the aging process.
4. Stress: Caffeine stimulates hormones like cortisol which not only have drastic impact on our nervous system but also have long term consequences ( and one of them is aging).
5. Heart disease and high blood pressure: Coffee consumption and caffeine intake can make many of us vulnerable to heart diseases and raise blood pressure.
Tuesday, 16 September 2008
Monday, 15 September 2008
Gold Souk (AKA Gold Market), Deira
To read my highs and lows of Dubai click HERE
Friday, 12 September 2008
Thursday, 11 September 2008
If you decide an imaginary pet is for you dont think of yourself as crazy, rather think of yourself as "reality challenged" ( now doesnt that sound better)
Wednesday, 10 September 2008
Tuesday, 9 September 2008
Monday, 8 September 2008
Friday, 5 September 2008
Thursday, 4 September 2008
Wednesday, 3 September 2008
Tuesday, 2 September 2008
* Scented candles - I cant seem to get enough of scented candles. I used to be one of those people who kept the "good candles" strictly for special occasions. So i constantly had all these pretty unburned or one-time burned candles around just collecting dust. Not anymore - im cured of that silliness. Im a "candle pyromaniac" now .... Must burn more...need more candles..oh, what pretty flames.
* My heart locket - I used to have a pretty locket that The boyf bought me last easter. It was round and I called it my easter egg. Sadly we had a break in and it was stolen (grrrr). I found an adorable heart locket in Dubai and since i bought it the locket and I have been inseparable. At the moment i wear it everyday.
* Yellow - I absolutely love the colour yellow at the moment. All the clothing I seem to want to buy lately is yellow. Ive always liked yellow and I even used to have yellow bedroom walls when i was a teenager, but then i turned to darker colours for a long time. Happily i am back into yellow - this can only be a good sign.
* The Boyfs clothes - I seem to be wearing a few of The Boyf clothes lately. Yes, they are oversized and ill fitting, but when i get home from work i always find myself climbing into a oversized top, a thigh length jersey or a pair of his sleeping shorts. Its not really my most sexy look - but its really comfy and makes me feel closer to him (awww - i know, I'm disgustingly soppy)
* Virtual trip planning - The travel bug bit me rather hard during my latest overseas trip (to Dubai). Now i find myself constantly looking online for travel packages and "virtually" planning my next trip (which i hope will be to Paris & UK). Sure after the last trip there is a short supply of cash, but its great to daydream. Hopefully all my trip daydreaming will become a reality next year. :)
To see all my "current addictions" click HERE