Tuesday, 31 March 2009
Monday, 30 March 2009
Hope you all survive your Monday with a smile on your face :)
Friday, 27 March 2009
Thursday, 26 March 2009
Yesterday I bought a wonderful, grey melton coat (from Woolworths for R750/ $75). I love it. What do you think? (note: click image on right to enlarge pic of my coat).
I put up another poll (on right hand side of blog), because I have decided I like silly polls.
Why did I choose this new poll question? Well, In my quest to remain semi-anonymous I have never put up a proper picture of myself. I read a few anonymous blogger's blogs and sometimes I find myself wondering what they look like (sometimes I dont care). So, I wanted to know if you ever wondered what i looked like -if yes, what does my blog make you think i look like? Go tick one of the answers if you feel like it.
PS -DONT FORGET to turn your lights off for Earth Hour on Saturday.
* Click HERE to visit the Earth Hour webpage
Wednesday, 25 March 2009
1. Thought for the day: Thank goodness its payday!
3. Drink of the moment: Filter coffee
6. Currently annoyed by: The South African government denying the Dalai Lama a visa - silly!
Tuesday, 24 March 2009
High fidelity is a great movie (based on the book, of the same name, by Nick Hornby) It also contains some good advice on mix tape making. Heres a brilliant mix tape quote from the film:
Rob (John Cusack):"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules. Anyway... I've started to make a tape... in my head... for Laura. Full of stuff she likes. Full of stuff that make her happy. For the first time I can sort of see how that is done."
Monday, 23 March 2009
Thursday, 19 March 2009
Here are some of the things on my list:
5. Exercising more - because then I can eat more brownies
Wednesday, 18 March 2009
Tuesday, 17 March 2009
The adjective "brazen" has 2 meanings:
Meaning #1: unrestrained by convention or propriety
Synonyms: audacious, barefaced, bodacious, bold-faced, brassy, brazen-faced
Meaning #2: made of or resembling brass (as in color or strength). Pertains to noun: brass (meaning #1)
When The Boyf encouraged me to start blogging I toyed with a few possible names for my blog (looking back most of the names were really lame and I am glad I didn't use them).
Eventually I decided on "Being Brazen". I chose the name for a few reasons, but mainly because it already was my e-mail address and because I just like the way it sounds.
Question: Why or how did your blog get its name?
(Note: The cool, rather arty photo above is of me. My wonderful, multi-talented Boyf took it)
Monday, 16 March 2009
Friday, 13 March 2009
Thursday, 12 March 2009
I never read horoscopes anymore ( i did a few times when i was a teenager). I think they are silly, fake and bad for the brain.
Tuesday, 10 March 2009
Yesterday Barbie turned the big 5-0. I just loved Barbie dolls when i was younger. I had so many. I have heard people say that Barbie is a bad role model for young girls. Personally, I think that's silly. Now Brattz dolls, they are weird. What do you think of Barbie dolls?
Monday, 9 March 2009
Sunday, 8 March 2009
Thursday, 5 March 2009
Im a very emotional creature - I cry often and unashamed. I fully believe that crying can be so good for the soul. Whenever I have a good cry I feel "lighter" afterwards. Most recently I cried when I saw THIS youtube video. Its Beautiful!
Wednesday, 4 March 2009
*grins* The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
Tuesday, 3 March 2009
* Dreher Beer - I had never met a beer I liked, until a bottle of Dreher appeared in front of me. Reluctuntly I accepted a taste and after one swig of The Boyf's Dreher Beer I realised that this beer didn't make me feel sick. After two swigs I knew I had finally found a beer I could actually drink :)
* Robert Pattinson - *drool* On screen he plays one of the best vampires ever and he is ridiculously easy to look at. In another time and another place I think Mr. Pattinson (aka Edward Cullen) might have turned me into a stalker *winks* ........Thankfully, my teenage, celebrity-obsessed days are over and I already have a handsome man ;)
Monday, 2 March 2009