Wednesday, 27 May 2009
Today I really did not feel like posting anything - but because i knew you would be sad if i didnt, i thought I should at least do an "its for you..." post. This way we all get to be caring and sharing (fabulous, i know)
1. Song of the moment: "Sway" by The Kooks
3. Word/s of the week: "Pine" and "trot"
Tuesday, 26 May 2009
This year I turned 29! I wont lie to you...for a little while, before my birthday, I freaked out a bit, all I kept thinking was "hectic, its only one year until i'm 30!".
I've never been one to care about age, but when i realised that my twenties were nearing the end I felt a bit sad. I thought about the list I had made of things i wanted to do before I was 30 and wondered if there was anyway I could achieve all of them in a year (may be impossible)....
Aging is a funny thing , it makes most of us feel that we need to have certain things at certain ages......and lets be honest, thats not really true. Who can say what the "right age" is for everyone to do certain things anyway? True, I may not have achieved all the goals I originally set out for myself when i was younger - but now I have new goals and different priorities.
Im ok with getting older.....I just think sometimes I need to remind myself that its ok if my life isn't all planned out or "normal" :)
Saturday night I had a fabulous party. I drank too much, talked too much and I smiled so much my face started to hurt - and as the clock struck twelve and another year passed by (and i didnt turn into a pumpkin) I felt awesome (though that could have been the shooters).
It was a great night and a great way to celebrate getting older and probably getting a bit wiser too :) I have a feeling that 29 is going to be a very good year *smiles*
Monday, 25 May 2009
This morning I woke up feeling VERY tired and under the weather. Considering my party was on Saturday, I am starting to wonder if a hangover can come and go the day after the madness and then surprise attack you on the second day too??
A while ago I read this funny article that gives hangovers a star rating from 1 to 6..heres a look at a the worst one (Mine, was thankfully not this bad):
· Six Star Hangover: Otherwise known as the "Infinite Nut smacker" You wake up on your bathroom floor. For about 2 seconds you look at the ceiling, wondering if the cool refreshing feeling on your cheek is the bathroom tile or your vomit from 5 hours ago. It is amazing how your roommate was as drunk as you, but somehow managed to get up before you. You try to lift your head. Not an option. Then you inadvertently turn your head too quickly and smell the funk of 13 packs of cigarettes in your hair. Suddenly you realize you were smoking, but not ultra lights... some jackass handed you Marlboro reds, and you smoked them like it was your second full time job. You look in the mirror only to see remnants of the stamp "Ready to Rock" faintly atop your forehead... the stamp on the back of your hand that has magically appeared on your forehead by alcoholic osmosis. You have to be to work in t-minus 14 minutes and 32 seconds and the only thing you can think of wearing is your "hello kitty" pajamas and your slippers.
* To read all hangover ratings, click HERE
Ps - Dont worry, darling readers I promise that soon I shall share some party details, the answer to my current poll (how old am I now) and possibly a party photo (maybe tomorrow) x
Friday, 22 May 2009
Thursday, 21 May 2009
Last night I watched the movie "Seven Pounds" starring Will Smith - it was really great, sad and bittersweet. If you haven't seen it, dont worry I wont ruin it for you.
I am still trying to stay away from caffeine. In the last 3 weeks Ive only had 1 cup of coffee and absolutely no coke - pretty good, hey. Now if only I could stay away from sweet, chocolate baked goods (yes, chocolate brownie's I am talking about you).
You may have noticed that I have a poll up this week (on the right) - if you feel like guessing how old I will be on Sunday please go ahead and vote :)
Wednesday, 20 May 2009
I popped in the CD and as the first song began to play a rush of happy emotions twirled through me.... I think its safe to assume that a few people in the traffic got to hear my stunning (Ok, maybe a bit out of tune) singing voice this morning *grins*.
While I happily bobbed my head and sang "all I wanna do" at the top of my lungs, I realised just how long it had been since i had last heard Sheryl. It had definitely been way too long....
often I find that listening to an old favourite song, that you haven’t heard in a while, can be just like reconnecting with a long lost friend. It brings up lots of memories and gets you smiling.
Whats one of your favourite old songs that always gets you singing?
* Click HERE to watch "all i wanna do" music video
Monday, 18 May 2009
To see all my past "current addictions" click HERE
Friday, 15 May 2009
Thursday, 14 May 2009
Wednesday, 13 May 2009
4. Currently I spend too much time: rambling, over analysing and talking to myself