Friday, 31 July 2009
Thursday, 30 July 2009
Another cool thing also happened on Tuesday...my mom arrived back in Cape Town after a month of travelling alone. As always she looked fab and didn't look at all like she had just walked 800km across alot of Spain (how does she do it?).
On Saturday I am going for my first facial (yup,I did just say first). I'm not really sure why I have never been for one before, but a few months ago it dawned on me that its definitely time I went for one (you know, just to try it out). So I booked an appointment. While i was at it, I thought why not try some other things I haven't tried, So I decided to have the eyebrow and lash tint at the same time...i mean, how bad an idea can that be?
At the moment I am trying to fight off some ninja flu germs that seem to be picking on me. So, I'm off to curl up under some blankets with some hot tea and a book....
Ps - I am digging Lily Allen's look in the above Chanel handbag ad - I wish I could afford that bag and wear a crown without looking insane ;)
Wednesday, 29 July 2009
Tuesday, 28 July 2009
I love classic cars. Im not sure what sparked off this love, but for a long time I have been lusting after them from a far.
My dream classic car has always been a 1965 cherry red Mustang (convertible). Though, I do realise this car is not very practical for city life and probably a serious gas guzzler, I still cant help but want one for weekend drives by the coast *sigh*
My more realistic dream car at the moment is the Toyota RAV4. Its really awesome looking, its a Toyota (always reliable) and I would just love to have a SUV.
Whats your dream car/s?
Friday, 24 July 2009
Thursday, 23 July 2009
I have decided that every now and then I will be sharing a favourite movie moment with y'all.
When I started to think about which "movie moment" to share first, I was torn between a few - there are just so many choices. So, I decided I would just start with a simple movie moment from "The Mexican" (starring Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts), that I have always found sweet and worth pondering .......
Would you answer what Jerry answered? Or is there a point where enough is enough for you?
Tuesday, 21 July 2009
Monday, 20 July 2009
I would love to hear your opinions and thoughts on this: How personal is too personal? Do you overshare alot? Have you ever overshared and maybe should not have?
Friday, 17 July 2009
Thursday, 16 July 2009
* Getting fit – I’m actually enjoying trying to get more fit (shocking, i know). I am finding that getting fit is really helping me be less of a moody cow *grins*, helps me sleep better, gives me a reason to start buying cute workout clothes and just makes me feel so much happier in general.
* The Nokia 5800 XM - Next Month this is going to be my new phone and I can't wait. I have had a really ancient phone for too long - current phone has no camera, no music and no cool functions. The Nokia 5800 XM on the other hand is a touch screen, can do plenty of awesome things and is so pretty.
* Avocado with Cottage cheese on toast - This combination is so yummy. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper and it is a great snack. Also, if you have it on healthy seed bread (or similar) and leave off the butter its rather healthy too ;)
* The book im reading - The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova is such an interesting book. I have not been making a lot of time to read lately, but when I do I so enjoy the journey this book is taking me on. It’s a bit dark, very detailed and probably not for everyone. Click here to read more about the book.
*To read all my past "current addictions" click HERE
What are you currently addicted to?
Wednesday, 15 July 2009
Tuesday, 14 July 2009
Monday, 13 July 2009
I love so much about living in South Africa. I especially love the amazing natural beauty and how culturally diverse it is. I also love that nearly all my family lives here.
I hate that we have a lot of crime and that there is so much poverty. I also hate that we don’t have Coldstone ice-cream, Topshop or Taco Bell. (hehehe)
Hayley asked:...would you ever leave South Africa?
I have left South Africa before. I lived in UK for 2 years and in California (USA) for 3 years. Though I enjoy experiencing new places , and might try living in another country again, I don’t know if I could ever move away from South Africa forever. Home is where the heart is.
Tamara asked: If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you pick?
At the moment I really miss some of my good friends... so, I would love to go to Los Angeles to see Mish Mish and UK to see some friends. I also would love to go to France or Italy and just wander around, drink wine and lounge on the beaches.
Heather Nicole asked: So, how many pairs of shoes are in your closet at the moment?
I go through stages with shoe buying. I only have about 10-12 pairs of shoes in my closet at one time. I try to be good about tossing or giving away shoes I don’t wear anymore (or ever). My favourite shoes are usually flip flops.
Friday, 10 July 2009
Thursday, 9 July 2009
To ask me a question just e-mail me at:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR leave a comment
Wednesday, 8 July 2009
( Please note: this is a re-post)
Tuesday, 7 July 2009
Today I would like to give some blog love to a few newer local (aka South African) chick blogs that I have recently found:
1. Skinny Bitches in the making - "We’re skinny bitches with cute boys, killer heels, dream apartments and size zero waists. Well, we’re in the process of it all".
2. Stuff by Emma Jackson - I will admit I really like this blog because i seem to have quite a few things in common with Emma.
3. Being Desi - posts are short and sweet.
4. Story of a girl - lots of honest ramblings from Melisoo
5. Verbal Diarrhoea - rather quirky ramblings :)
I am always on the look out for cool blogs to read and be inspired by......
What new blogs have you been reading lately?
What is your current favourite blog?
Monday, 6 July 2009
When I got back into the apartment I could tell The Boyf was rather amused to see I was back home after only about 10 minutes, but as usual he was encouraging and Said things like “it will get easier the more you do it” and “look how cute you’re red, glowing face is” (you rock, hun!)
Last night I attempted to go for a run/walk again (which seriously impressed The Boyf). I didnt really feel like it at first , but then I remembered my horrid changing room moment and I was off....... (tonight i may have to hit the gym)
Friday, 3 July 2009
At the moment I really miss my mom. She is currently alone in Spain. She is doing this pilgrimage walk called the Camino. Basically what this means is that she is walking across Spain for a month (pretty nuts, hey). Apparently, after just a week, she already has blisters and is finding it harder than she thought. I'm sure she will finish it though (yip, shes awesome).
This weekend I plan to just relax at home, read my book and watch all the Batman movies ('cause they are having a Batman weekend on TV). I totally love all the Batman movies. Oh, and I may also do a bit of cleaning - if i absolutely have to *winks*
Because its Friday today (and i always put up a quote on Friday) I would like to share one of my new favourite quotes. I love it because its...well...so "me" and quite frankly I could not have said it better myself - Have a great weekend, y'all.....
Thursday, 2 July 2009
Wednesday, 1 July 2009
"You Are 40% Extrovert, 60% Introvert: You're a bit outgoing, a bit reserved. Like most people, you enjoy being social -But you also value the time you have alone. You have struck a good balance!"
I think thats the first time in a while that i've been called "balanced" in some way *heehee*
Go take the quiz HERE and let me know what you are.