Monday, 30 November 2009
2. My sisters are just so different from me and it annoys me at times- in fact, sometimes I wonder if we are related at all. *grins*
3. I love eyelash extensions - i want some
4. I am way too undisciplined with gym - I may need to get personal trainer or a really enthusiastic gym buddy
5. Being involved in a minor fender bender with people you know can lead to a fit of hysterical laughter.
6. The Boyf has mad bowling skills (His team won the bowling for Movember competition on Sun - I was so proud)
7. Occasionally two straight, adult males may feel the need to have a "dance-off" in public (anyone got that video?).
8. Beluga Restaurant has great half price sushi (just FYI).
9. Sometimes a chocolate brownie can save the day.
10. We are all as happy as we choose to be.
What did you learn this weekend?
Friday, 27 November 2009
Thursday, 26 November 2009
While the storyline was pretty much as I expected/knew it would be, there were a few surprises and funny moments in New Moon (mini-spoiler alert) like:
* Funny: The audience gasping loudly when Taylor (aka Jacob) first took his shirt to reveal his buff chest
* Surprise: How much I liked Taylor Lautner in this film (especially the scene when he visits Bella in her room)
* Funny: The scene where you first see Edward walking across parking lot to Bella.
* Funny: Charlie and Bella's high school friends
* Surprise: How they chose to end the film - what a cliffhanger
I'm so looking forward to the Eclipse movie in June 2010.
A note: I read and loved the Twilight books over a year ago (before the first movie came out). I don't think the movies would be as good or as easy to enjoy if I hadn't read all the books.
Have you seen the New Moon movie yet?
What did you think ?
Wednesday, 25 November 2009
How it works (in case you forgot): I will answer the below very random questions - then you can answer the questions as a comment. Why? 'cause sharing is caring *winks*:
1. Today I feel... Happy, optimistic and very excited to see New Moon tonight (probably have a review up tomorrow)
2. This week...feels very long.
3. Last night...The Boyf made awesome dinner, I realised I'm annoyed with nearly everyone on Gossip Girl (except for Blair and Chuck, of course) and I fell asleep while reading.
4. Lately the song stuck in my head is... "Hearing Damage" by Thom Yorke (great song)
5. Whats your favourite pet memory? I used to have this awesome, little dog named Maximus. He used to move his bed to wherever the sunny spots were. It was so cute.
6. What is currently at the top of your Christmas wish list? hmmmm...a pretty ring, Season 1 of True Blood, a Kindle (cause I'm curious), Dermalogica stuff and some silver bangles.
Ps - Happy Thanksgiving to all my American readers (enjoy the turkey tomorrow)
Tuesday, 24 November 2009
Monday, 23 November 2009
Friday, 20 November 2009
One of my fav stores, Wellness Warehouse, is about to open a mini-store in the new Cape Quarter shopping centre in Green Point. If you live around there, you should check it out.
Here are a few of the things I recently added to my Wish List: Paramores new CD "Brand New Eyes", a bottle of Hilary Duff's perfume "With Love", this bra (if only we had Victorias secret here in SA) and a chunky cocktail ring.
The Boyf is currently growing a moustache for "Mo-vember" (If you dont know what Movember is about click HERE).Even though he can rock a Mo, I'm glad The Boyf will be shaving it off next month. I really like rugged, sexy stubble but anything more just isn't as hot to me. Do you like facial hair on men?
Have a fabulous weekend :)
Thursday, 19 November 2009
I got an e-mail about 2 days ago (from a lovely blogger) telling me that my blog was in the latest Cosmo mag. At first I thought maybe she had mixed me up with someone else, BUT then I paged through the latest issue and ....
... I'm happy to confirm that my blog is mentioned in the December issue of South African Cosmopolitan (If you have a copy go have a look at page 24).
I feel totally flattered and surprised. (thanks Cosmo!)
Tuesday, 17 November 2009
I have always had a love for pretty, functional, office supplies and the older I get the more I want to organise everything (I guess you could say my OCD is getting worse *winks*) .
Ive never been a disorganised hoarder (note: having alot of books doesn't count as hoarding). In fact, I find it very healthy to get rid of things you don't use/wear or things that take up too much space. Clutter makes me feel very uncool.
I've always wanted a pretty and organised home office - So, for my next organising project, i have decided that this December I am finally going to try make our study/extra room into a organised and super functional home office.
Are you a organiser OR a disorganised hoarder?
Monday, 16 November 2009
Friday, 13 November 2009
Description: A handmade fine silver oblong has been stamped with the word 'strength' and topped with a cluster of colourful gems.This delightful cluster of rainbow coloured gems include faceted Ruby and Periot pear briolettes and faceted rondelles of Swiss Blue Topaz, Amethyst and Hessonite Garnet all suspended from a sterling ball chain measuring 16 inches in length.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Be a follower and THEN please comment on this post and tell me what piece of jewellery in Christine Walsh's Etsy shop is your most favourite?
2. If you want - Blog and tweet about this giveaway for an extra entry (please let me know what the link is to your blog post)
If your answer is yes to the above questions then you must really be freaking out thats its Friday the 13th today *grins*.
Thursday, 12 November 2009
...adore the heart stockings and heels in the above picture
...wish money grew on trees
Tuesday, 10 November 2009
This weekend I watched the movie "Let the right one in". Its a foreign film about a young boy who befriends a vampire girl. Its a bit dark and maybe not everyone will love it - but I found it good, strangely beautiful and thought provoking. I think I may have to check out the book that the film is based on.
I need to learn how to type really well in just a week (i have my reasons). To help, The Boyf downloaded this really cool (and rather amusing) game called "the typing of the dead". Basically this game teaches you how to type fast so that you can avoid being killed by zombies (no, I'm not kidding) I'll let you know if it helps or just makes me afraid to go near a keyboard. *hehehe*
A note: Tomorrow I won't be blogging. I just thought I should mention this in case you come over here and feel devastated that there is nothing for you to read *winks*. I will be back on Thursday....until then feel free to answer some of my recent "its for you" posts or leave me awesome comments.
Monday, 9 November 2009
Usually when one of these klepto-sightings occurs there is alcohol present and the "must have" item is some kind of glass.....(which leads me to believe that alot of kleptos reveal their true nature after a few drinks and that kleptos always feel they need glassware).
On Saturday night I watched a klepto shove a beer glass into his girlfriends big bag. As if this wasn't bad enough he made sure people saw he was doing it......(which now leads me to believe that kleptos are proud of being kleptos ).
After watching this display I had a little klepto sighting flash back... It was almost a year ago.....I was sitting at a restaurant with some friends, when after a few drinks the klepto at the table revealed herself by sticking a glass in her bag (there often seems to be one klepto in a group of friends). Then the klepto looked over at my bag and gave me a "klepto compliment".....
Klepto: wow, you have a nice big bag. you'd be able to fit a few glasses in that.
Me: ummm, thanks..... I think.
While i dont mind being friends with a klepto, I won't be inviting them to my next dinner party - I like my glassware too much ;)
Are you a klepto? Do you know a klepto?
Saturday, 7 November 2009
I found them all so swoon-worthy that I just had to share one with y'all > Click HERE to see more of the photos.
Friday, 6 November 2009
— Sarah Dessen (writer)
Thursday, 5 November 2009
1. What CD are you currently listening to in your car? the New Moon Soundtrack
2. Favourite type/genre of music? Indie music
3. If your life had a soundtrack, which one artist would definitely be on it? Imogen Heap
4. Who would you like to see play live, but haven't yet? U2 and a whole lot of other band s (too many to list)
5. Do you still buy Cd's or just download music? I do both, but I still prefer buying Cd's. Its nice to have Cd's of my favourite artists (though they do take up space)
6. Next CD you want to buy? Imogen Heap's new CD "Ellipse" and The 500 Days of Summer soundtrack.