Wednesday, 30 December 2009
I have seen quite a few awesome films lately, but so far the one that I enjoyed the most was Avatar. I watched it in 3D (which may have made it better) and enjoyed every minute of it (and it was rather long). It made me want to move to cool planet where everyone has blue skin, rides weird dinosaur-like creatures and has a deep connection to nature ;)
Currently I am half way through watching all six Star Wars movies (I love them). Its been very cool seeing them again. Clearly, the geek force in me seems to be growing stronger this holiday *winks*
whats the best film you have seen this holiday?
Monday, 28 December 2009
Wednesday, 23 December 2009
This morning I am trotting off to the shops for one last dose of "merry mall madness" before I just chill out and hope that Santa leaves some awesome presents under my Christmas cactus (yup, i said cactus) *winks*
Tuesday, 22 December 2009
Description: White Gold, Rhodium Bonded, Edwardian Pendant with Clear CZ in Silvertone - from LuShae Jewellery.
Though I had seen pictures of the necklace on the LuShae jewellery website, I was happily surprised to find that the pendant looked so much better in "real life". It is very expensive looking and so sparkly. I really like it.
A Note: If you looking for a great piece f sparkly white gold jewellery, but don't exactly have a diamond budget - you should check out the LuShae Jewellery website. (they ship anywhere) x
Monday, 21 December 2009
Saturday, 19 December 2009
Friday, 18 December 2009
The other day I watched the movie The Boat That Rocked (aka Pirate Radio) and It was totally cool. If you enjoy a good funny film - you should definitely watch it when you get the chance.
Remember THIS post, where I said I had something waiting for me at the post office. Well I went to pick it up and it was a necklace. Its pretty. I will post pics and tell you about it soon.Today is my last day of work and then I am off until 4 January (yay!). I'm not going away - So, I intend to just chill out, go to the beach, read and enjoy Cape Town :). Oh, and though I may not blog every day, I will still be blogging often while on holiday (in case you were wondering)
What you up to this holiday season?
Thursday, 17 December 2009
Description: This nifty and stylish messenger bag is made from hand printed fabric. It's well padded and suitable for small laptops, and closes with two press studs. There is a separate matching small bag inside (useful to keep your knickknacks in)
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Be a follower/subscriber, THEN please visit the Fox & locket Etsy store and tell me what you like.
2. Blog about this giveaway for an extra entry (please let me know what the link is to your blog post)
Please note: *Anyone may enter.
*This giveaway will end on Sunday, 3 January 2010 and the winner will be announced on Monday, 04 January 2010.
* winner will be chosen by random.org
Good luck, darlings!
* Benefit Celebutante kit - this would make a fabulous gift. Its a nice way to try a few benefit things without having to buy the big sizes. It comes in a cute box with a mirror in it. The kit has: 2 lipsticks, a gloss, mini benetint, mini highbeam, 2 eye shadows, Dallas blusher, blush brush and eyeshadow dual brush.
* Dermalogica "brighten up" moisturiser with SPF15 - I heard this new Clean Start range by Dermalogica was mainly for teens - but on my quest to find a tinted moisturiser I thought i'd give it a try anyway. Ive been using it a few days and I love it. This moisuriser is lightweight, gives some coverage with the tint, isnt too expensive and is by Dermalogica (one of my fav brands).
* Maybelline Colossal volume lash mascara - It makes my lashes look fuller (which i really need) and i like the fun yellow packaging :)
* Silver grey pashmina/shawl - Recently Ive been getting alot of invites to weddings and dressy things - So, I thought it was a good idea to buy a pashmina that can do day or night (and isn't black). I decided on a silver grey colour and it goes with so much.
Buy anything fabulous lately?
(congrats darling, please e-mail me soon)
A brand new giveaway will be starting a bit later today.
* Winner was chosen by random.org
Tuesday, 15 December 2009
Yesterday I got a slip in my post box that says I have something waiting for me at the post office - which is always a good surprise.......I will tell you what I got as soon as i know (Gosh, I love getting things in mail)
Tonight I plan to brave the V& A Waterfront mall to get a little Christmas shopping done. I also plan to have a wonderful dinner and a bottle of red wine (I'm thinking sushi or pizza)
Monday, 14 December 2009
2. Its great to have a friend who cooks really well (see HERE)
3. I find it ridiculous and funny that not one person in Metropolis can see that Clark Kent is Superman . lol.
4. Its never a good idea to jump to conclusions
5. I loathe wind - especially during Cape Town summer
6. Sunset bike rides by the ocean are so awesome
7. I don't want/need as much for Christmas as I thought
8. Some days my blog saves my sanity
9. Too much sleep makes you more tired
10. Only accept the things that can never be changed
What did you learn this weekend?
Click HERE to enter silver flying bird giveaway
(if you haven't already)
Friday, 11 December 2009
Thursday, 10 December 2009
Notes: *Anyone may enter. *This giveaway will end on Wednesday, 16 December and the winner will be announced on Thursday, 17 December. Good luck!
Ps - I have another wonderful giveaway starting TODAY on my blog (Tis the season to have many giveaways...fa lalala la la la)
Wednesday, 9 December 2009
Today I thought an "its for you" post would be a fab idea....
How it always works: I will answer a few random questions below. Then YOU can answer them in my comments section. why? 'cause sharing is caring....and I dig reading your answers.
1. Today I feel...that so much is possible
2. Song of the moment: "Tidal" by Imogen Heap
3. Currently I spend too much time...on a computer
4. Quote for week: "We are what we believe we are"-C.S. Lewis
5. Favourite symbol or shape? right now Hearts & birds
6. Do you think the Loch Ness monster exists? of course
7. Currently reading...Fashion magazines & blogs
8. Some of the best advice I ever got was... strive to live in the "now", stay away from gossip, stay quirky, never fall asleep with make-up on and keep writing, even if noone reads
Tuesday, 8 December 2009
Monday, 7 December 2009
2. I'm becoming a shopaholic (must..buy...things) - I blame the Christmas music in malls, it makes me want to spend
3. I am over my fear of ruffled tops
4. Natalie Portman is my new celebrity crush
5. I just don't like chicken anymore (weird, but true)
6. Red tea berry flavoured Snapples are awesome
7. I heart vintage rock t-shirts
8. Skipping is such good exercise (yup, Ive been using my skipping rope and it feels good)
9. Brilliant music really helps fuel my imagination
10. A one minute kiss can burn 26 calories (apparently)
What did you learn this weekend?
First off I must say the homemade packaging is totally cute (see above) - I adore the little hearts and quirky wording on the labels. Once I started to try the cookies I found they were baked to perfection and that the flavours were subtle, yet very interesting. (cookies I tried: Lime & coconut, vanilla custard, White chocolate with cranberries & nuts AND ginger & dark chocolate - my favourite was vanilla custard)
*sorry photo is a bit blurry
Friday, 4 December 2009
Thursday, 3 December 2009
Wednesday, 2 December 2009
Tuesday, 1 December 2009
The winner of the giveaway will get this pretty necklace:
Description: This is a limited edition necklace. The 'bird in vintage frame' is handmade in sterling silver with cultured pearl on 45cm silver chain. This necklace is from the Adore collection which will be launching on 10 December.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Be a follower/subscriber, THEN please visit the COLLECT jewellery website and tell me what you like.
2. Blog and/or tweet about this giveaway for an extra entry (please let me know what the link is to your blog post)
Notes: *Anyone may enter. *This giveaway will end on Wednesday, 09 December and the winner will be announced on Thursday, 10 December. Good luck, darlings!
NOTE: Before the end of December I will be having TWO more fabulous jewellery giveaways - The next lovely giveaway will start later today (pretty cool, hey).