Friday, 29 January 2010
Last Night I had a fabulous time hanging out with my lovely friend Miss Herbal, her buddy and The Boyf. There was champagne, wine and sushi - it was glorious. The night taught me 2 important things: 1. I seriously cannot handle my red wine (two glasses and I will not shut up) and 2. Some people should not be waiters (especially people who seem to be on drugs)
This weekend is The Boyfs birthday and currently we have no plans except that we are going to watch the Top Gear show on Sunday (nice!) . Since the Boyf is more on the impulsive side than I am these days, I have no doubt that there will also be some kind of last minute party this weekend (yay!)
My Friend, Bee, has posted an interview with me on her blog -go HERE if you want to read it :)
Oh, don't forget to enter my two current giveaways (Look to right). Both are ending rather soon.
What are you up to this weekend, darlings?
Thursday, 28 January 2010
The winner of this giveaway will receive a box of decadent chocolates, that will probably look like this (yum, yum): Darlings, I just have to add that I think joining yourself or buying someone you love a membership to The Chocolate Club would be the most awesome Valentines Day gift EVER - Dont you agree? (think about it, because Valentines Day is super soon).
HOW TO ENTER:
Step 1: Firstly, to enter this giveaway you must be a South African Resident (sorry international readers - you can go HERE and enter my current international giveaway)
Step 2: Then, you must answer this easy question: What is your favourite kind of chocolate? (you may e-mail me or comment on this post to enter)
*For an extra entry , you can blog or tweet about this giveaway (but let me know you did)
** This giveaway will end on 4 February.
Wednesday, 27 January 2010
Tuesday, 26 January 2010
First off I would like to say that I have been walking around malls for many years - but I had no idea I could call it part of my fitness regime. Obviously now that I know such a fitness craze exists I can (and probably will) use this excuse every time I need to go to the mall without a good reason *chuckles*. I will probably have a conversation like this sometime in the future:
Boyf: Where you off to, honey?
Me: I'm off to the mall
Boyf: So, you are going shopping?
Me: No, I'm going to exercise
Boyf: Hmmm, then why you taking your bag?
Me: Well, I may need to buy some things so I can carry some extra weight while I walk -works up a better sweat ;)
Though, I find it a bit silly (plus I prefer to exercise in places where I can focus on fitness) I do see some benefits to mall walking, like...
* its safer than walking around in some neighbourhoods
* its a good way to keep an eye out for sales
*You can catch a movie, if you need a break
* if you dislike the "workout" outfit you left the house in, you can always buy a new one...
Are you going to start "mall walking"? or are you going to start your own silly fitness craze?
Monday, 25 January 2010
4. Fish sellers in Kalk Bay
5. A cute seal (at the harbour)
6 & 7. Harbour and boats - Kalk Bay
8. A warning sign
9. Side of Green Point Stadium
10. Sea Point promenade at sunset
* All the above photos taken by me*
Friday, 22 January 2010
but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better.”-Robert Redford
If I had to be a cookie - I'd want to be an delicious Oreo.
Why? Well, in so many ways i think Oreos are the perfect cookie. They are soft enough to eat straight from the box, but hard enough not to crumble into nothingness when they are dipped into milk. Plus, they taste amazing sprinkled on ice-cream *drool*.
The Oreo is also very awesome looking (you know it). It has a super dark brown colour on its outside and a snow white center (very cool). Its also always perfectly shaped and inviting.
Are they healthy? Not at all - but when it comes to cookies I think thats really a positive point (right?) hehehe.
If you had to be a cookie, what cookie would you be?
Thursday, 21 January 2010
Oh, and have I mentioned to you that my book blog is up? Well, it is - click HERE to join up and see the Feb/March book list :) Anyways.....
How this post works: I will answer the below very random questions - then you can answer the questions as a comment. Why? 'cause sharing is caring *winks*:
1. Today I feel...like bouncing around (gummi bear style)
2. This week...is teaching me how to live cheap
3. Last night...I actually went to gym for the second night in a row (impressive, isn't it?). Then i ate some tuna toasted sandwiches with The Boyf
4. Song of the moment... "Fences" by Phoenix
5. If you could choose a talent to have, what would it be? I'd like to be able to play the piano and make clothes.
6. Who would you choose to play you in a film about your life? Anne Hathaway or Emmy rossum
7. What one word best describes your life at the moment? humbling
Wednesday, 20 January 2010
* Red wine - After years of trying to "get into" wine, last year I finally did (I'm sure my regular readers noticed this). Now I'm absolutely addicted to most red wines. My favourite types are: Shiraz, Pinotage and Cabernet Sauvignon
* Owl City - I am really loving this bands music (and the cute lyrics) at the moment. Click HERE to visit the official website.
Tuesday, 19 January 2010
Monday, 18 January 2010
Saturday morning I ghd'ed my hair and watched the movie "2012". After reading some bad reviews about it, I didn't have high expectations but it turned out to be a very entertaining film (in my opinion, its not totally unrealistic either).
Friday, 15 January 2010
By now I am sure you have all heard about the utterly devastating earthquake that happened in Haiti on 13 January. The stories coming out of Haiti since the earthquake have been so very sad. If you want to help the survivors in Haiti - you can go visit HERE or HERE or HERE to make donations.
I just read an article about 50 things that have changed our live's since the beginning of the millennium (I was super surprised to see that Crocs and Uggs made the list) -Click HERE to read it.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! x
Wednesday, 13 January 2010
Fish Hoek beach - taken by me
Monday, 11 January 2010
Friday, 8 January 2010
Thursday, 7 January 2010
Wednesday, 6 January 2010
Speaking of cooking... For Christmas this year my mom got me a How to make sushi kit. The sushi kit includes a maki rolling mat, DVD and sushi cookbook. Though I love sushi, I have always been a bit worried by the idea of making my own at home.
Have you made your own sushi before? tips?
Tuesday, 5 January 2010
Today I was all set to do my "current addictions" post, but this glorious weather outside my office window is so mesmerising that I can't think about anything sensible, except escaping outside. Anyways, I decided to just do an "Its for you.." post instead (plus, I am rather curious what you all have been up to lately)
How it works (in case you forgot): I will answer the below very random questions - then you can answer the questions as a comment. Why? 'cause sharing is caring *winks*:
1. Today I feel...like I must go play outside
2. This week...I wish I was still on holiday
3. Last night...I had yummy fish and chips. I also finished watching the film My Neighbor Totoro - which was adorable.
4. Lately the song stuck in my head is... " I got a feeling" -The Black Eyed Peas
5. My New Years eve... started off with a bit of unwanted drama, but still ended up being a wonderful evening thanks to lots of red wine, The Boyf, lovely friends and fun music.
6. This year I'm looking forward to... achieving some of my goals, celebrating a rather important birthday, making my blog better, seeing how the World Cup goes and having more fun.
7. What big lesson/s did you learn in 2009? I learnt alot of things, but i think the biggest lesson was probably just to believe in myself more and that being positive alot will bring more positive things into my life (simple and true).
Monday, 4 January 2010
Ive actually heard some people say stuff like: "oh, a nice holiday will make you feel all refreshed and ready to start work again".. I used to think "whatever" when i heard this and that these people were clearly delusional or had dream jobs - because, how could i ever feel ready to go back to my office job after a glorious, chilled holiday? But strangely some people do actually like their jobs alot (who knew). Now I see that my loathing and sadness about going back to work may be due to the fact that I'm probably in the wrong job -So...
I don't really do New Years resolutions...BUT this year Ive decided to make one. Its a biggie. This year my resolution is to find/create a job where i can work from home (or flexible hours), which will give me more free time to write (that's the dream, darlings). I will do what i must to try achieve this (pinkie swear).
Whats your biggest new years resolution?
Today I am happy to announce the start of a giveaway sponsored by Ladylotus (I really adore her vintage prints).
The winner of this giveaway will get to choose any ONE of the below 4 printed t-shirts (Rolleiflex, casette tape, typwriter or key) in black or white and in whatever size (male or female):Description: All t-shirt pictures are from a hand carved linoleum print that was turned into a screenprint. All prints are hand silk screened onto shirts using fabric ink.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Be a follower/subscriber, THEN please comment on this post and tell me what you like best in the Ladylotus Etsy store (note: there will be some new items added to her store this week)
2. Blog about this giveaway for an extra entry (please let me know what the link is to your blog post)
Notes: *Anyone may enter. *This giveaway will end on Monday, 18 January and the winner will be announced on Tuesday, 19 January. Good luck!