Friday, 26 February 2010
Last night I had drinks with a bunch of lovely bloggers. It was was very cool and I hope to do it again sometime soon (thank you so much to everyone who came).
This weekend I plan to chill like a llama in the sunshine. I may go for a nice scenic bike ride tomorrow or I might trot around at the Design Indaba.....but thats only if my serious chilling schedule allows me too *winks*.
What do you plan to do this weekend?
Wednesday, 24 February 2010
Tuesday, 23 February 2010
How it always works: I answer the questions - then you answer the questions as a comment. Why? because sharing is caring
ok, here goes...
1. Thought for the day: Do cats eat bats?
2. Last night... The Boyf and I made a budget, watched an episode of "Breaking Bad" and ate some fish fingers
3. Song of the moment: Owl City "Fireflies"
4. Currently I spend too much time: procrastinating, making up stories in my head and trotting around online.
5. Party of Five or Dawsons Creek? Dawsons Creek
6. Currently reading: "The Maeve Binchy Writers Club" (its kind of a writers handbook) and too many blogs
7. If you could call anyone to chat to for 15 minutes (dead or alive), who would you call? I think I would choose to call my Grandmother (she passed away in 2006). I miss her.
8. Right now I am craving... mint chocolate
Monday, 22 February 2010
Friday, 19 February 2010
I managed to avoid the sneaky ninja flu germs (for now), I ate some awesome cookies, wrote some nice posts, got a bike ride to work twice, found out my phone bill is the lowest its ever been (nice!) and didn't totally lose my mind (always a good thing)
Tomorrow The Boyf and I are off to a wedding (I love weddings - they always make me all mushy and teary eyed) I am wearing a red dress (maybe i will post a nice picture of it soon)
Thursday, 18 February 2010
What do you think of white couches?
Wednesday, 17 February 2010
* Almay smart shade make-up - I really like this foundation (and I usually loathe foundations). Its affordable, light, super easy to put on and it "magically" changes to suit my skin colour.
* Bangles - at the moment I am obsessing over bangles. I think a good collection of jingling bangles and bracelets can really add a nice bohemian touch to an outfit. (Though, I do think that bangles going all the way up to elbows is going a bit too far)
What are you currently addicted to?
Tuesday, 16 February 2010
I guess the reason I am feeling this way is due to a few things, namely: poor me syndrome (aka PMS) , the circling ninja flu germs (they keep threatening but are thankfully keeping their distance), lack of exercise and a small case of the work dull drums.
Since this is not an ideal way to feel and it is making me rather annoying to be near, I have resolved to fight off the moody emotions gang and go back to "planet perky" asap......
Here are a few things that always help to perk me up:
1. rambling and writing (sometimes at the same time)
2. a nice cup of strong tea (aka liquid calm)
3. reading or buying a good book (escapism)
4. Doing some form of exercise (oh, happy endorphins)
5. Big hugs from The Boyf (squeezes out the moodiness)
6. A long, warm shower (clean & pretty smelling= happiness)
7. Eating chocolate (the often tried and tested method *winks*)
8. A happy cheesy song (like "Foot Loose" by Kenny Loggins)
When you feel moody or down what perks you up?
Monday, 15 February 2010
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Be a follower/subscriber, THEN please comment on this post and tell me what is your favourite piece of jewellery in Christine Walsh's Etsy store (so simple)
2. If you like, you can blog about this giveaway for an extra entry (please let me know what the link is to your blog post)
*Anyone may enter.
*If you have issues commenting, you may e-mail me. Make sure subject line says "Bracelet giveaway"
* The winner is chosen randomly
*This giveaway will end on Sunday, 28 February and the winner will be announced on Monday, 1 March.
Good luck, darlings!
Friday, 12 February 2010
Have a wonderful weekend filled with love :)
Thursday, 11 February 2010
...The Boyf got his motorbike license
- there are often unique things that you can personalize
Tuesday, 9 February 2010
Monday, 8 February 2010
about 10 pedestrians with my car, but lucky for them I don't suffer from any kind of road rage and have no homicidal tendencies (well, not usually). Often I can't believe that some people try and cross the road as soon as the light turns green for cars to go - Seriously, why? stupidity? death wish?
The plant near my desk is sick...
Ok, people lets set the record straight: its not MY plant - I am just the closest person to the plant. Personally I think someone is feeding the plant coffee or something. I think I must set up a secret "plant cam" and find the plant killer in my office.
Friday, 5 February 2010
* Is blogging dead? Click HERE to read news article
* See some awesome tea bag designs (ta, Rox)
* I like this cool black & white decorated cottage
* Silly, but so funny (thanks, F U penguin)- Click HERE
* Read about unbreakable beer glasses
Have a wonderful weekend, darlings!
Thursday, 4 February 2010
I love hearts, especially heart necklaces. Since its almost Valentines Day, I decided to make a wish list of some colourful heart necklaces I would love (as I already have enough plain, silver heart ones). Here are my choices:
1. Gorgeous heart necklaces from Beatnik Bazaar (R330 - R400)
2. Sunset moth wing necklace by Mikellefler ($275)
3. Mini heart, picture necklaces from Collect Jewellery (R390)
4. Decorative washi heart by Claireishino ($130)
5. Pink rhodonite classic Tiffany heart by Tiffany & Co ($150)
Well, in the series Lie to me that is exactly what the main characters can do - Heres what Wikipedia says about the show: "Dr. Cal Lightman (Tim Roth) and his colleagues accept assignments and assist in investigations, reaching the truth through applied psychology: interpreting microexpressions, through the Facial Action Coding System, and body language"
I just started watching the series and I must say, I'm really enjoying it. I also love the fact that the series is based on real-life scientific discoveries.
Wednesday, 3 February 2010
the awesome view
Sunset at The Grand
A Note: The one thing I must advise anyone who plans to go there for sundowners is to arrive by about 3pm. When we went we found that they "closed" the bar/restaurant from 4-6pm to prepare for the dinner crowd - BUT if you arrive before 4pm, you can order your drinks and just hang out on the beach.
Criticism: My only criticism is that they dont have a bar on the beach, so you have to go inside to get drinks (which is not ideal). Apparently they are going to get a beach bar soon.
Where is your favourite place to have drinks?
* all photos by me
Tuesday, 2 February 2010
1. Be a follower/subscriber, THEN please comment on this post and tell me what is your favourite piece of jewellery in the Diament Designs Etsy store
2. Blog about this giveaway for an extra entry (please let me know what the link is to your blog post)