Julia is part computer nerd (website here), part blogger (see her blog posts here), part baker extraordinaire, part couch potato and part shopaholic. She has an unhealthy obsession with spelling, cheesy pop music and her two, very rad (soon to be three) nieces. Today she will be sharing a few things from her bucket list. Enjoy...
In thinking about what it was I wanted to do over the course of my life, I realised that most of those things involved travel, which I'm sure most people can relate to. So instead of getting shmalzy and listing the obvious bucket list stuff like getting married and having babies (which is totally still true!) I thought I'd list the top ten essential destinations and experiences that I haven't yet been lucky enough to do....
1. Take a road trip from Miami to San Francisco, preferably in a classic car.
2. Watch the sun rise over the Serengeti while enjoying one of those amazing luxury safaris
3. Visit the Taj Mahal on a cultural and culinary tour of India
4. Spend a summer on the beach in a clapboard house in the Hamptons
5. See the Aurora Borealis while holding hands with my love
6. Travel between Bangkok and Singapore on the Eastern & Oriental Express
7. Ice skate at Rockefeller Centre in the falling snow at Christmas time in New York
8. Marvel first-hand at the beauty and scale of the Pyramids of Giza
9. Go to Hong Kong and shop 'til I drop
10. Learn to surf in Hawaii, drink cocktails on the beach and live island style.
Note: "On my bucket list..." is my current guest blogger series. Most weeks a lovely blogger will share things from their bucket list. to read other bucket lists, go HERE