This was definitely my hardest 'top 5' list so far. I mean, how could I choose just 5 romantic films when I love about 100? Well, somehow I managed to (though it took a while). Also, you may be surprised to see that I ended up leaving out classics like: Pretty Women, Casablanca, Titanic, When Harry Met Sally and Love Actually. Not to say that I don't love all those films, but for this list I decided to rather go with films that I was more inclined to watch right now.
1. The Holiday - Two women swap homes for a holiday and both end up finding love. Such a very sweet film and the cast is perfect (if you have not seen it, go watch it)
2. Romeo + Juliet (directed by Baz Luhrmann) - There have been quite a few film adaptations of Shakespeare's book over the years, but this is by far my favourite. Plus, it has a really great soundtrack.
3. The Notebook - It's damn near impossible to watch this film without getting teary-eyed. It's ridiculously romantic and beautiful.
4. Before Sunset - This is the sequel to the film 'Before Sunrise', which is also brilliant. I love the dialogue in both films. If you have not seen this film yet, I would recommend that you watch the first one before this one.
5. Serendipity - A really great romantic-comedy that tells the story of two people who meet by chance in New York one night and fate brings them back together years later.
What are your top 5 romantic films?